Ah, back to my regularly scheduled posts! I have started working with all the images I have been taking of the desert spring this year – really a gorgeous one, with the additional rain, and the cactus have been amazing. I have wanted to do some collage work, but I haven’t known how to begin. I wnt things to seamlessly blend together, not have significant images stand out, so I guess it is just a case of experimenting. So I tried Tuesday night, and I was pleasantly surprised – and pleased. Here are the photos I started with, all taken from the Tucson Botanical Gardens:
I wasn’t sure what was going to happen, but I did realize I needed to use separate layers and then adjust the opacity for each one. It occurred to me I could “cut” the flower itself. So here’s what happened with the mix:
I really liked how this worked – a little rotating of the flower, and the actual orange of the blossom is a perfect focal point. But – I decided to try individual layers on and off to see what happened….
So yesterday I decided to try another one. Here’s the original photos, and I’m still not done…..have a few more ideas for the succulent.
You need to click on this one to see the effect of the marbling pattern within the grate.
And…without the background. I’m not totally happy with this one, but there’s certainly a lot to work with….
All in all, a productive Photoshop time.
Additional Photoshop Friday posts:
Photoshop Friday – September
Sunday Sampler with Photoshop – August
Photoshop Friday – July
Photoshop Friday – stained glass