A New Business Card….

This week’s lesson has as its project making a business card. Now, I love the business cards we already have – a small piece of our fabric, and nice, clean, crisp information. But this lesson has loads of ideas I have been wanting to try for YEARS – really. But I had a heck of a time getting started on this lesson, because once again it was scanning fabric and determining sizes. I think now I am finally starting to get pixels and sizes.

I also realized I can’t change the opacity of something unless it’s a copy of a layer.(Ask me how many times over the years I have tried this…..) I copied the background layer and then clicked the original off so I could change opacity. I love how the type automatically appears on a separate layer. No wonder I could never change part of previous business cards, as I didn’t realize about the different layers. And I enjoyed working on the different effects of the layers.

Overall I am pleased with what I learned in setting this up this card. I need to try another one so I can work with bullets and rulers, but that will be at the end of the weekend. I have a baby quilt to finish!!

Recent Posts