Yeah, this is a kinda different post. Life is intruding on art, in that I go back to school tomorrow and all the art work comes to a screeching halt. I’m hoping not….so here goes….my attempt to convince myself I’m really not depressed.
* 1. I have a job. Between RIFs and pay cuts and unfunding of education, I still have a job. It may not be ultimately what I want to do, but I have a job and I do like it – and I’m making a difference.
* 2. I got a lot of art done this summer. Usually I get a piece done in August when I get my act in gear – not this summer. I managed to complete 5 projects and one major piece of art, plus loads on the business.
* 3. I have three more years of teaching. After this year, two years, and so on. Three Augusts from now I won’t be depressed.
* 4. I could still be at my two earlier schools and not at the high school I love. The two middle schools I spent 7 years at turned out to be hell on wheels. SO GLAD that’s not the case any more.
* 5. With hubby getting Medicare this year, that’s $500 a month I’m not laying out for health care. While I am turning into the care given, at least medically this year it shouldn’t be too bad.
* 6. First three-day weekend is Labor Day. I think every teacher has the holidays mapped out ahead of time.
* 7. Hopefully Sedona in mid-October for a long weekend.
* 8. I’m almost finished the art piece whose deadline is September 3. I need to try to get in to shows other than Fish Follies – and I need the validation.
* 9. As long as I eat properly, I can keep the depression generally at bay. I am very sensitive evidently to certain foods, so I have to be very careful what I eat.
*10. I have great friends: Michelle, Alison, Suzan, Kathy, Carolyn – you know who you are!