I’m unearthing a lot of unfinished projects and pieces of fabrics that can be turned into small art quilts for Etsy, and I also came across a couple of digital pieces (like the above) that need reworking for an upcoming show. It is just amazing to me how productive I have been at getting new – and old – projects completed since we set up the new studio. Here’s pics of the new studio – taken right after we unpacked and stored, so things are cleaner than they are now after three weeks of solid work. Good north light, and lots of surface area.
Stored behind the door, along with mats and combs…..
This can be closed up for an air mattress on the floor for company.
Filled with fabrics and patterns and lots of other goodies….no longer used for clothes!
Sewing table for the last 15 years, lots of room to the left to support larger quilts….almost impossible to keep clean……
For the serger and decorative stitches on the Brother machine….
Happy as a clam, and now to the piece in progress….which is some leftover from another completed piece.
Thread choices –
Didn’t use the blue – too much contrast, and not what I liked – ended up pulling out all the threads…one advantage of not checking the tension – easier to pull out.
Finished project, available in Etsy. I needed to simplify the design – got caught up in following the patterns, so I ended up leaving the bottom corner free of stitching, so it looks like everything is approaching from the northwest.
Serged edges, mounted on wrapped canvas, 12 x 16 inches. Moving right along!!